MANN+HUMMEL presents half-year figures
• Sales in the first half of 2017 increase to 2 billion euros • Stable operating result (EBIT) meets expectations • Workforce has remained stable at approximately 20,000 • Sales forecast for the whole year only slightly positive
Ludwigsburg/Frankfurt, September 11, 2017 – the MANN+HUMMEL Group with headquarters in Ludwigsburg grew by 22% in the first half of 2017. Sales in the first half of the year (adjusted for currency effects) amount to 1.95 billion euros (previous year: 1.6 billion euros). These figures also include the consolidation of the acquisition of the filtration business of Affinia. The operating result for the first half of 2017 is satisfactory; the number of employees at approximately 20,000 has remained stable. At the Frankfurt motor show many new products will be presented including filtration solutions for combustion engines and alternative drive systems and measures to reduce the pollutant emissions of vehicles.
The international filtration specialist MANN+HUMMEL can look back on the first half of 2017 with satisfaction. The main drivers of the positive development of sales and EBIT were the areas of the aftermarket and industrial filtration. The area of OE business remained almost unchanged from the level of the previous year. The strong sales growth was mainly due to acquisitions, the Group has grown organically by about five percent.
Cautious forecast for the whole of the year
"Overall the first half of the year has gone well", explains Alfred Weber, President and CEO of MANN+HUMMEL. "For the second half of the year, however, we calculate that this development will slightly weaken. Nevertheless, MANN+HUMMEL will reach its forecast for 2017."
In this process, the takeover of the filtration business of Affinia has contributed towards the considerable growth of the company. The expertise and customer contacts of MANN+HUMMEL and Affinia are considered to be complementary. It is now possible to offer customers an even more dynamic range of products and services. Investments in research and development are also seen as additional drivers for the innovation power and future viability of the company.
In recent weeks MANN+HUMMEL has also been demonstrating its innovative power with trials of the so-called fine dust eater, a research project designed to reduce the level of pollution caused by particulates. The test vehicle is fitted with three applications. A filter installed on the roof of the vehicle separates particulates from the ambient air. The vehicle occupants are protected by an innovative cabin filter. In addition, a newly developed brake dust particulate filter fitted to the brake system prevents the emission of particulates to the ambient air.
The company ranking in the top 50 companies which have filed the most patents at the German Patent and Trademark Office underlines the innovative power of the company. MANN+HUMMEL maintains over 3,000 patent applications, patents and utility models.
MANN+HUMMEL at the Frankfurt motor show in 2017
The company will show its latest developments at the Frankfurt motor show in Hall 8 on Stand D 37. This will include products in the following areas:
• Alternative drive systems
- Energy-efficient, switchable cabin filter system
- Filtration solutions for electric and fuel cell vehicles
• Markets with challenging operating conditions
- High-arrestance long-life fiber separator and the RobustPlus pressure control valve
- Fuel filter modules with highly-efficient 3-stage water separation
• Functional improvements and designs for tight installation space
- Flexible element geometries for air cleaner systems
- Horizontal fuel filter concepts designed for tight installation space
- Active intake manifold with integrated intercooler
• "Fine dust eater" (on show at the Frankfurt motor show in the outside area West F847) with the following elements
- Particulate filter for fine dust
- Brake dust particulate filter
- NO2 combination filter for fine dust
(ca. 4300 characters including spaces)
Tel.: +49 7141 982583
+49 151 42663941
Tel.: +49 7141 983354
+49 152 54704699
MANN+HUMMEL is a leading global expert for filtration solutions. The company group with its headquarters in Ludwigsburg, Germany, develops solutions for motor cars, industrial applications, clean air in interior spaces and the sustainable use of water. In 2016 the group achieved sales of approx. 3.5 billion euros worldwide with more than 20,000 employees at more than 80 locations. The products manufactured by the group include air cleaner systems, intake manifold systems, liquid filter systems, plastic components, filter media, cabin filters, industrial filters and membrane filters.