Cabin air filters put the joy back into driving
Cabin air filters, or pollen filters as they are also known, refresh and cleanse the air in your vehicle. They reduce dust, allergens or fumes circulating with your air conditioning. No more commuting headaches or sneezing fits. And while we can’t promise to stop the cries of ‘Are we nearly there yet?’ from the backseat, we can promise this: healthier, cleaner air, mile after mile.
Find out how a pollen filter will make your journey a breeze
For regular drivers stuck in daily traffic jams or families heading off on a road trip, a cabin air filter in the car will improve their driving experience. And for allergy sufferers or asthmatics a high-quality cabin air filter will capture airborne allergen particulates, reducing aggravation to their respiratory systems.
What does a cabin air filter do?
Air flows into a vehicle at a volume of up to 540,000 liters per hour through the ventilation ducts. Imagine the amount of dirt and dust that comes with it. Now picture that entering your lungs. Not a pretty picture. In fact, the air inside a car contains around five times more exhaust gases, pollutants and allergens than outside air. Vehicle cabin air filters remove up to 90% of even the tiniest harmful particulates (up to 1µm, in sice) creating a barrier between passengers and the incoming air.
A MANN-FILTER cabin air filter separates nearly all fine PM2.5 particulates (up to 96%) – the damaging micro-organisms contained in pollen, exhaust fumes, smoke, fossil fuel emissions and gas droplets. Some of these are smaller than 3% of the diameter of a human hair. Which shows how powerful and effective a pollen filter is.
Dust and pollen filters: Benefits at a glance
What’s all the fuss about? Here are the cabin air filter benefits you will enjoy with a MANN-FILTER product:
- Performance – Our premium products offer exceptional performance in cabin air filter technology
- Wellbeing – Clean air improves the health and wellbeing of everyone traveling in the vehicle
- Efficiency – Servicing and replacing the air conditioning filter in a car regularly improves system functionality
- Support – We offer a comprehensive, simple search tool for our online catalog, as well as providing installation instructions
What you need to know about changing a cabin air filter
Cabin air filter replacement is vital to keeping the air clean inside your vehicle. This is often done as a feature of your regular servicing regime, but installing a replacement cabin air filter once per year or 15,000km is a good guide. In fact, most people only change their pollen filter once every five years! To optimize the clean air inside the car and improve the driving experience, check your cabin air filter annually.
How will you know if your cabin air conditioning filter needs changing?
- Listen out for strange noises. These could be caused by deposits inside the filter
- Watch for unpleasant smells
- Poor air flow is a sign of a clogged cabin air filter
- If your windows fog up frequently and are hard to clear, change your filter
MANN-FILTER: Our different types of cabin air filters
We offer a huge range of cabin air filters. To decide which is the right pollen filter for your passenger car, truck or bus, here’s an overview of our different products.
What pollen filter to choose?
Our pollen filters fit to almost all vehicles, and we offer a helpful service program to support you in choosing and fitting the right product. Which is why we are the global trailblazers in filtration solutions. At MANN-FILTER we recommend three types of cabin air filter in cars and commercial vehicles.
All use pleated nonwovens to filter dust, pollen and soot entering via the incoming air through your air conditioning or ventilation system. Our automotive cabin air filters come with detailed, clear fitting instructions to make installation easier.
BASIC - Particle Filter
These offer a basic separation of particulates from incoming air. At MANN-FILTER we’re proud of our filters’ performance, extracting up to 95% of harmful particulate, so you can enjoy clean, healthier air inside the car. They also prevent the build-up of dirt inside the air conditioning system, prolonging its life.
ADVANCED - Activated Carbon Filter
As well as removing up to 95% of soot, dust and other particulate matter, our combined filters also feature an activated carbon layer. This additional layer traps gases up to 90%, to prevent noxious toxins such as toluene, nitrogen oxide, ozone, sulphur dioxide and unpleasant odors entering the vehicle through the ventilation system.
PREMIUM - Biofunctional Filter
At MANN-FILTER we’re always pushing the boundaries of research and engineering to deliver the very finest products. Our latest, and the best in cabin air filter innovation, is the FreciousPlus. This game-changing biofunctional cabin filter uses in addition to an activated carbon layer a polyphenol coating to trap more than 95% of allergen particles from the ambient air, and contains an anti-microbial coating that prevents the spread of mold and bacteria on the filter surface.
With this, FreciousPlus is the perfect filter for allergy and asthma sufferers and frequent car travelers.
Here's what you will gain from our FreciousPlus pollen filter
- Protection – from more than 95% of allergens to relieve allergies and help hay fever sufferers
- Prevention – stops the spread of bacteria and mold on the filter for increased health and reduced occurance of unplesant odors
- Blocks – up to 95% of diesel soot and harmful PM2.5 particulates to stop respiratory tract irritation
- Eliminates up to 90% of odors – enjoy journeys that are free from unpleasant smells thanks to the odor-blocking carbon air filter
- Boosts wellbeing – by blocking up to 90% of damaging gases like ozone, nitrogen oxides and sulphur dioxide, which prevents headaches and improves driver concentration
- Safeguards – your air conditioning system and prolongs component life
Compare all MANN-FILTER cabin air filters
|MANN-FILTER Cabin Air Filters||PREMIUM
|Provides more than 95% protection against allergens|
|Prevents growth of mold and bacteria on the filter|
|Blocks up to 95% of tiny particulates (PM2.5)|
|Eliminates almost 90% of odors|
|Traps harmful gases, such as ozone, nitrogen oxides and sulphur dioxide|
|Almost 100% filtration of tiny particles|
|Significant reduction (>95% of diesel soot)|
|Extends drivers’ concentration period and helps prevent headaches|
|Protects the air conditioning system|